Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the pricerange of about $150 give or take some... and this is kinda what I've narrowed it down to based on mainly what I've read here.

I just wanted some input on the differences, pros, cons of the two and even maybe someother suggestions for the pricerange. The only reason im looking into the 20x area is for the range, however i think i'd be fine with 16x as well. But any input is appreciated...

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have a WTC and a 44Mag. Both are ONLY used at the range for punching paper, 50 yds for the 22 RF and 100 yds for the CF. They are only used at their max setting.

One 44 Mag M1048 is on a CZ 452 RF. Very good scope. Very clear with easy to see cross hairs. I have other 44 Mags on CF rifles; again all only used at max settings killing paper.

The one WTC I own is a 2-10x (or close). It's on a CF. It is a little clearer than the 44 Mags. It's probably more appropriate for hunting, but the sales price was so attractive I got it anyway. I've been happy with it also.

IMO if shooting only paper at 50 yards you don't need 20x, I think 10x might even work. However, I prefer more power. My 56 yr old eyes appreciate the additional power.
:)

I know several hunters (TN) who would not consider anything higher than 6x for hunting, and most keep their variable scopes at 3-4x. So the low end setting is important also.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Simmons WTC18

6.5-20X50mm
Large Crosshairs
Very clear and bright, repeatable
1/4" Movements
$100

Simmons M1048

6.5-20X44mm
Large Crosshairs
Not as clear or bright as the WTC18, repeatable
1/8" Movements
$145

I've got 2 of both....My recommendations would be to go with the WTC18, by far!

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just ordered a Simmons 8-32X44 AO TT from Natchez for $69 + shipping for a 22 mag....don't know anything about it but figured it was a good place to start. You may wanna give it a look...at that price (Natchez says their reg price is $120) I figured I could put it on the Matchmaster for starlings and use it fixed if the zero moves......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.