Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just mounted this big 8x32x44 target scope on one of my boltaction target rifles, Got it from Natchez Shooters Supply's website catalog.
Took a box of SV ammo to zero the scope at 25 yds, one click at a time off sandbags at 25yds. After zeroing, shot a USBR target and a NRA 50ft target. The optical quality and the mechanics of adjustment are very satisfactory - so far. Only 100 rounds expended and I'm making holes in the 8,9 & 10rings as the wind and the ammo used will allow. :D
Now I can concentrate on which ammo this rifle likes.;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I also bought one of these scopes, against advice posted by Big Mike and a few others. Sorry guys, I won't let it happen again! I just bought a Burris 8x32 rimfire scope and when it arrives the Simmons is coming off and leaving or maybe it can be used for a doorstop or something. I actually shot a 5/8 inch group at 100 yds with it , but at close range if you move your head at all the crosshairs go crazy. I have 3 other Simmons scopes and love them. A Leupold they aren't, but for the money I have had good luck with them. The moral is that you DO get what you pay for .

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
Ayup! Had a Blazer on my 10/22 for a few shots. It went ""TWANGGGGGGGGGG" after each shot. Then I went to the 800116, WOOOO HOOOOOOO! nice scope!

Then played with the Blazer on my .270, after 5 shots, I proceeded to beat the scope to death with my stapler. Needless to say, someone at the club found a pile of lenses and other scope guts in the garbage can.

Happy you got a good one, them Blazers are really hit-n-miss.

I went and ordered the Bushnell ScopeChief 6-20x40 for the .270.
Big thumbs up for that model!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.