Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Simmons ATV Scope???

543 2
I recently saw (WalMart) a Simmons ATV 4x12 adj AO scope with a nice, slender cross hair for $130. It seemed clear - even at the edge of view. I have NO knowledge of Simmons scopes. Would it be a good, reliable scope for my 10-22? Would the 40mm objective bell clear my Volquartson Carbon Fiber barrel without extended height rings? Currently the rifle wears a Redfield Gold Five Star 2 x 7 and I thought some more power and the adj Ao might be nice. This rifle is used exclusively for ground squirrels.
Thanks in advance for any help!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have the Simmons 4.5-14X40 ATV on my Ruger M77 Varminter .22-250. It works great - best group shot was 3/8" @ 100 yards, though I average 3/4". Excellent combination. I got the scope used, when I bought the rifle at a gunshop. They don't put a lot of value on used scopes, as you don't know if it's good til you try it. This scope cost me $50 - a very good buy!

I have the Weaver see-thru rings on my 10-22, the kind that bolt to the reciever - this scope would work well on it, as they are fairly tall. It's wearing a Simmons 3-9X32 at this time (the silver one, to match the rifle's SS finish).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.