Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy a used Simmons 8-32 x 44. The seller told me that it was not a Blazer, and that it was made in Japan. If it was made in Japan, does that mean it was a 800116?

If the seller does not have the original box, how can he tell that this is an 800116 (please excuse my ignorance as I am not familiar with these scopes)?

·
Registered
771 Posts
moorespeedr , on the bottom of the scope in the center dirrectly opposite the verticle adjustment knob, it should have printed, MODEL 800116 JAPAN AJ
Your objective bell will have 8-32X44 , and the objective adjustment is from 25 yards to infinity. Also there is in small lettering the numbers 832 on the objective adjustment ring next to the infinity mark.
This is exactly what mine has on it, as I am looking at it now.
Hope this helps. Andy :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
OK, How about some info on the 800116. I have a 1047 and a 1048 which do a great job but would like to have a 32X. A local dealer has a new in the box 800116 for $169. How about its clarity, brightness, focus, mechanism, comparison to the 1047/1048 etc. ???

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have one of these yet. I just bought one off ebay about ten minutes ago. I can say that these scopes come hioghly recommended from the group here at RFC. If the search function were operational, you would be able to see how often these scopes were recommended. I'll be able to let you know more in a week or so.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Awesome scopes for the money! I bought 2 of them through my buddy at his cost of $104 each and couldn't be happier. Not as bright as the Burris 8x32 I used to have but much easier to shoot with the dot. I would like to try a Weaver later on, but for now I'm satisfied with the 800116!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Yes, the 800116 is a great scope bargain.

However, it loses some resolution above 20x or 24x. So the
1048 seems of similar quality. Since the magnification above
24x or so is paying diminishing returns, the 1048 with the
lower overall magnification may actually be the more sensible
design.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
The 800116 8-32x is a decent scope. I have one on my cz varmint and am satisfied with it. It does lose some light at 32 power but overall the scope is worth the money. I would like someday to get a weaver T36 or elite 4200 8-32x but for right now this scope is fullfilling it's job. The only thing that is slightly wrong with it is the slight loss of light at 32x but what can you expect for the money. I think you will be happy with it. The 32x is pretty much a needed option for target shooting. If I could find a 64x I would go with that. For some things a guy just can't get enough of. ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do any of the usual mail order suppliers still stock the 800116, or is it available only on the used market?
Thanks---Mike

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks

Brookie--
Thanks for the assist!
Mike

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Another :t here for this scope. I've had mine a couple of months now, and, even with the mentioned slight "shortcomings", it's still a good bargain. I also paid $145 for mine, but not from Natchez...... they won't sell direct down here in "******* Territory", ya know ;)

The 32x sure helps on my "target" 10/22...... and even though it's rather large at ~17" long, on this rifle with a 20" heavy barrel, (IMHO anyway) it doesn't look "overbalanced" or "out of place" on "just" a .22.....

moorespeedr, if your goal is target work, I think you'll be happy!

BTW, do you know where Sylvester is?? :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.