Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a Simmons 1048 mounted on a single shot rifle. I have been having problems with accuracy where this rifle is concerned. I was dry firing the rifle last night and noticed that the recticle bounces around quite a lot when I drop the hammer on an empty chamber. Is this normal? The movement of the recticle in not noticable under recoil, even the light recoil of the .22mag. Any thoughts?

Jim

· Registered
451 Posts
The recticle shouldn't move. Did you have to move your adjustments a long way to zero the scope? If you get out to the ends of the adjustment range it can reduce the tension on the recticle. If that's the problem you can fix it by getting the scope more in line with the bore. If not I'd send it back to the manufacturer for repair.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses...

Didn't think the cross-hairs moving was a good thing....called Simmons customer service, they said "send it in" and hung up. Gee, nice customer relations, wonder how their service department is??

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.