Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Sillywet matches gone? or 3p?

303 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Alaska Mike 
#1 ·
I haven't been around RFC for awhile so excuse my ignorance but are the Sillywet matches Mike use to run now gone from here?

Any Sil, 3p, or any other position matches being run on here? Or any other online forums doing them (prefer .22 so I can afford it)?

Thanks

#4 ·
Thank Ya both.

Good to see you too Mike! Was really hoping you was still here. I'm same as ever, working, then taking care of the family, and either hunting or shooting whenever I can ;)

I'll check out Fuzzy Limey's match, but if'n ya ever feel like starting up the sil matches again; I'm in.

Black bear opened here on Aug. first, so I reckon I will be out chasing them next weekend.

#5 ·
Bear before breakfast

Well, you should of let me know you are looking for a black bear, I could of sent one down to you.

For the last two mornings I had been visiting up at my sisters homestead in the interior when I had to chase a bear out of the yard. It really wasn't a very pretty sight but I will give you some of the details anyway.

I woke up to my sister yelling there is a bear in the yard, grab the shotgun. So I jump out of bed, wearing a t shirt and underwear, threw on some rubber boots and ran out the door with the shotgun. As I opened the door he was about 12-15 yards from me. He saw me and peeled off onto the outhouse trail. I ran after him but he was long gone, he never looked back.

Then the next morning, the same scenario, except I didn't even bother with the boots this time. But the bear was onto me and ran like a mother. We just wanted to fire a couple of buckshot rounds in the brush above him to scare him off. She doesn't need a bear hanging around feeding on her dog or walking around the corner of a building and running into one.

So hopefully you will be fully dressed and have better luck getting a bear when you see one.

#7 ·
You must have nicer, more polite, bears around where you live. That last guy that tried that here in Oroville, WA got bit for his efforts. 'Course his dogs got involved and then he shot it and made it mad and then he tried to outrun it. When it knocked him down he just happened to have the right angle to stick the barrel behind its ear and end the altercation without further injury to himself.

Course the fact that he was wearing his wifes hot pink sweats may not have helped either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.