Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will someone chat about silhouette?
I’ve seen no post as yet.
Lapua Monarch Cup is a go.
Only 2 Nationals so far.
USA at Ridgway
Mexico the other.
Sorry to our Canadian shooters for now.

· Registered
139 Posts
What do you want to talk about?

I can't wait for the Lapua Super Shoot at the end of May at Ridgway. If I can get off I will also go to Nationals at Ridgway. Super Shoot is a two day weekend event while Nationals is a bit harder since it's during the week.

I've just started touching lever action and I might use 22lr in pistol cal, but I think the Keystone classic would be a lot of fun and a one day event for me.

· Registered
805 Posts
I've attended the earlier regional lever match at Rigway, it is a lot of fun. The 22lr works reasonably well on pistol cartridge targets, with the exception of the rams... any headwind, and you'll have a lot of ringers. But I would give it a try anyway, I did on my first time around, just to get my feet wet and had lots of fun despite the ringers.
I'm planning to attend the lever regional, nationals (both SB and HP), the sierra classic and maybe the super shoot... 10 matches, in two days... Brutal!!!

· Registered
305 Posts
I've attended the earlier regional lever match at Rigway, it is a lot of fun. The 22lr works reasonably well on pistol cartridge targets, with the exception of the rams... any headwind, and you'll have a lot of ringers. But I would give it a try anyway, I did on my first time around, just to get my feet wet and had lots of fun despite the ringers.
I'm planning to attend the lever regional, nationals (both SB and HP), the sierra classic and maybe the super shoot... 10 matches, in two days... Brutal!!!
ridway rifle club is the place to shoot silhouette. some of the best well run matches i have shot.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Monarch Cup

The Monarch Cup being the very first one is a bucket list item.
In addition, it's in conjunction with the USA Nationals with no additional fees if I'm not mistaken.
There's just something about the first one.
First Super Bowl
First Daytona
Ha,even lowest score at the First Monarch Cup would have bragging rights.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Upcoming matches.
Good Friday annual SB silhouette at Milroy,PA.
May 14 SB silhouette at Ridgway
May15 HP silhouette at Ridgway
Lapua Super Shoot May 28&29 you may want to show up on May 27 if not previously registere.
Remember to get yourself registered with NRA Portal Classification system $15.
If you want your scores to count.

· Registered
2,794 Posts
Will someone chat about silhouette?
I’ve seen no post as yet.
Lapua Monarch Cup is a go.
Only 2 Nationals so far.
USA at Ridgway
Mexico the other.
Sorry to our Canadian shooters for now.
I have noticed not a lot of posts about silhouette too, here and at other sites. I have been shooting more matches than ever before in the past couple of years. Thirty matches already this year! Mostly all three calibers of lever action silhouette with 1/5 scale mixed in. The offhand online matches right here have been a huge help for improving offhand skills and identifying bad habits. Offhand shooting is difficult and good scores cannot be bought;this is both a curse (low participation)and a blessing (work and practice pays off). Be well and shoot from your hind legs.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

· Registered
805 Posts
Where did the Georgia state match thread disappear to??? I thought I saw it here just the other day and now it is hiding? Does anyone have details, like contact info? I went to the GSSA website, but it's currently down...

· The Mod Squad
7,094 Posts
Where did the Georgia state match thread disappear to??? I thought I saw it here just the other day and now it is hiding? Does anyone have details, like contact info? I went to the GSSA website, but it's currently down...

· Registered
5,595 Posts
The silhouette match here requires 6mm or more to ensure targets are knocked over. I have thousands of rds of 5.56 but no major stash of .308, and it would cost us close to $200 each in ammo for a match.

So I print scaled down targets on paper and we plink at them @ 50yds with our 10/22 match rifle.

· Premium Member
1,979 Posts
The silhouette match here requires 6mm or more to ensure targets are knocked over. I have thousands of rds of 5.56 but no major stash of .308, and it would cost us close to $200 each in ammo for a match.

So I print scaled down targets on paper and we plink at them @ 50yds with our 10/22 match rifle.
For ~$200 you could get a full (ten each) set of small bore 1/5th silhouette targets. Split the cost with your buddies and everyone wins.

· Registered
139 Posts
There is a group working on a 223/556 silhouette match rule set at reduced targets, for both ARs and bolt guns. I am all for it
My local club for high power runs an AR15/similar rifles along the high power match. Everything is set at 200m with targets scaled down. It's a lot of fun. Unfortuneatly, it's still really hard to get people out.

· Registered
5,595 Posts
For ~$200 you could get a full (ten each) set of small bore 1/5th silhouette targets. Split the cost with your buddies and everyone wins.
The club has what they have and their rules. I'm in no position to propose any changes. It has a several year waiting list, and significant cost to join, but matches are open to anyone with a minor entry fee.

· Registered
805 Posts
My local club for high power runs an AR15/similar rifles along the high power match. Everything is set at 200m with targets scaled down. It's a lot of fun. Unfortuneatly, it's still really hard to get people out.
Would that club be in Va? Seems like I saw something about a match in Va using reduced scale targets at 200yds. It's been a few years back, but I would consider driving out to one of these fun matches. You should list your clubs match dates and times here, maybe that will bump up attendance.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts