Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Silhouette Owners Please Sound Off

859 Views 15 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  CZ_Shooter
It's down to two choices and a CZ Silhouette may get the nod. What should I expect from this gun and is there anything I should know about?

Also, it appears the pistol grip is more pronounced (vertical) than the American. How does it feel in the hand compared to an American?

Cheers!

Chris
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Love mine, no wood to warp and it is scarily accurate.

You never have to worry about scratching the stock either.

It is now my woods rifle.

Frosty
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,235 Posts
Its a fine rifle. Mine has exceptional accuracy. My only knock is that for silhouette shooting, its a bit light weight. It could the lightest weight CZ in the line up. This for some people would be a good thing. The stock is plastic and it would be easy to paint it any color you wish.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,461 Posts
If the stock is hollow behind the butt pad fill it with lead shot or sand, That will add some weight.:D

3joe21 said:
Its a fine rifle. Mine has exceptional accuracy. My only knock is that for silhouette shooting, its a bit light weight. It could the lightest weight CZ in the line up. This for some people would be a good thing. The stock is plastic and it would be easy to paint it any color you wish.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I have one and i like it, accurate and nice rifle - smallbore sniper, but when you go with this syntetic stock under burning sun, stock is moving and free floated barrel suddenly is not free floated and your accuracy is out untill stock is cool down.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
CZ_Shooter said:
I have one and i like it, accurate and nice rifle - smallbore sniper, but when you go with this syntetic stock under burning sun, stock is moving and free floated barrel suddenly is not free floated and your accuracy is out untill stock is cool down.
I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that.
I've been shooting mine in 100+ degree temps for a month.
The only cause of any poor accuracy is my failure to hold the rifle dead still :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
My 1st CZ is a Silhouette. It shoots very well and has had no problems. I like the
pistol grip on it. In fact I've been toying with the idea of routing out the barrell
channel and putting my varmint model in the silhouette stock.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,461 Posts
That's ironic, I just put my silhouette in my varmint stock.:)

oldbees said:
My 1st CZ is a Silhouette. It shoots very well and has had no problems. I like the
pistol grip on it. In fact I've been toying with the idea of routing out the barrell
channel and putting my varmint model in the silhouette stock.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top