Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the hots for the long barreled Ultra Lux, but those sights have got to go! Can the rear sight be removed without marring the barrel or blueing? I'm not able to take it apart to look it over. Help me out please! Tom.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tom,
You can remove the rear sight by pushing it down and at the same time pulling it to the rear. It is a very very strong spring so you must be at least 21 years old to do this :)) You can do it I am sure, I have.

Ronnie Weatherman

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys! I bought the ultra lux and the rear sight interfears with scope mounting. I haven't had time to look it over yet but there must be a solutition, without using really high rings.Tom.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Scope Interference

There are a few choices that I see ( I have the same problem).

a. Different length scopes, either shorter or longer. The wallyworld Bushnell 4-12x40 puts the scope right on the rear sight of the ultralux

b. Smaller objective scope.

c. Removal of the rear sight by pushing down and back and replacing when you want to shoot iron sights.

d. or really High rings.

I have Brookie's adapters so I can remove the rings and still shoot iron sights, but also have the dreaded 4-12x40 mentioned above. I am thinking of changing to a simmons that I saw that was 17" long that will put the objective beyond the rear sight.

Curt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.