Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me who the mfg, is for the sights on the Gov. Model. Also would appreciate any feedback from any that use this gun with the supplied sights. Ive been thinking of getting one , and would want to use the aperature sights.
It would seem that this would be a desirable gun to bench, but you never see anyone doing that. If you go to benchrest central and mention a Kimber, they react like you threw dirt in someones face. Ive got an older Kimber and the fit , finish and workmanship is outstanding, its a sporter, and shoots very well for a light little rifle. I just wonder why its not really thought of as a desirable gun by most folks here and benchrest central. Any thoughts and observations would be appreciated.

Jerry

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shooter

Sounds like she's a shooter, did you get yours from CMP, or an individual? Ive been looking at these for some time, but never had my hands on one. I have a Kimber of Oregon Blue Mountain Classic, and its a nice little rifle, but I like the open sights, and need more weight for the offhand shooting I like to do in addition to bench. Thanks for the info,

Jerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.