Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone worked out a scope mounting system for the 66 which attaches to the barrel rather than to the receiver. Seems that everyone is pretty much in agreement that the 66 reciever cover is a poor platform for a scope mount. Maybe something like the mount that attaches to the barrel of the little Browning 22 auto that extends back over the reciever. Would require drilling and tapping the barrel, but might be worth it??

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The scope mount you mention is interesting.I have a nylon 77 on which the grooves are so poorly stamped that rings won't grip it.I also have a nylon 66 that has had a red dot sight on it for several years with no problems at all.Recently the 66 needed a detail cleaning involving removal of the receiver cover,2 clicks up corrected the zero.The receiver cover on this rifle is a tight fit,hard to remove and get back on.I'm using Weaver brand rings,tightened until they squeak.This rifle gets some fairly rough handling and still maintains zero.The drilling and tapping for the Browning type base should not be too difficult or expensive.I suggest you try the scope and rings of your choice on the receiver first,as I'm one not fully convinced that the nylon 66 won't hold a scope.Maybe some will,and some won't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.