Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my h001m and really like it, but my eye's require a scope. my question is what range to sight to, my slug gun and ml are sighted to dead nuts at 100 yrds, but im not sure of the h001m's capability. the scope will be a bushnell 3x9 dusk to dawn and will be used as a working rifle on our lease property for fox and ground hog. any help will be apperciated, Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
50 yds.

Assuming that you'll be shooting from your "hind legs" or at best from an unstable rest (?) and using a 3X9 scope, if I had my rathers, I'd sight in to be dead on @ 50 yds. ... That's assuming that most targets will be from a distance of 25 to 75 yds. ...

I have a Rem. 581 scope sighted with a 3X9 used for about the same purpose and that "works for me" ... :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
OD, I just bought an HOO1T and put a little 4X Bushnell 22 varmint scope on that I had, and sighted it in at 20 yds., which puts it about 1 inch high at 50 yds and back on line of sight at 85 yds., and only about 2 inches low at a 100 yds, and with a head-on shot at a rabbit or ground hog you wouldn't miss, if you do everything right and don't flinch or jerk the trigger.
After sightin mine in at 20 yds I taped a dime to a larger target in the bullseye and tried it out, like my daddy always said, "Make the first shot count, cause if you miss, you won't get a second shot cause it'll be gone;" and another thing, he stressed to me one day when me and my cousin when we were in our teens, came home with 26 rabbits; now there is only 4 in his family an only 3 in mine, so who's gonna eat all those rabbits? Only kill what you're gonna eat and leave the rest for another day.
Well any way I rested the rifle across the hood of my truck and aimed at the center of the bulls-eye, and at that distance you couldn't really see the dime, but I squeezed off the trigger and hit the dime just a little above dead center and was pretty proud of that, so I am leaving it alone. :t :t Johnny Reb

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here's something to consider: What distance is your scope set at for parallax? Unless it has an adjustable objective lens, you really should sight it in at the parallax distance. Usually that is 50 yards. 50 is VERY convenient for .22.

Kris in NY

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.