Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw where the question to taking off the back sight was answered but what about the front. I dont have one yet but was thinking of a special or lux but i want to be able to take the sights off if not I guess its the american to partner with my 550.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just like the look of a clean barrel and have taken the sights of all my rifles except my lever guns which I shoot with iron and scope. Just though the lux or special would look good with a clean barrel. Does it come off?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a Lux on auction and I am waiting for it to get here, Ill see if I can live with the sight then. I like the stocks on these guns and can probably live with the front sight. Thanks all.

Mike

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
If you do decide to hack off the end of the barrel and get rid of the iron sights I would be interested in the left overs - even the bit of barrel. I have a couple of experiments bubbling on the back burner and can use the parts.

I would discourage you from taking them off. They are excellent iron sights (very much like the Mauser K98) and are awesome once you calibrate them - just dial in the range from 25 yds to 200 yards and shoot. I know a lot of folks have given up on iron sights but these are a joy to use and a marvelous bit of design and machining. Iron sights would be a lot more popular if they were all like the CZ's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will probably just leave them on. Got to thinking about the sight sounds like fun to play especially at long range, sure is fun to shoot at the targets way out yonder and watch the bullet hit. I usually am looking over the sights of a revolver when I do it though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.