Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nikon Prostaff scope in the mail on its way to me and the scope rings are included. Can anyone tell me if the Nikon scope rings are about the same height as my Signature Zee Mediums ? Is the quality about the same ? Any opinions think I should sell the rings that will be coming with the scope and order some Sig. Zee rings ?
Thanks

·
X-Mod
19,560 Posts
They might be close to the same height, but being freebees, I doubt the quality is anything close to the Sig. Zees.

Just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I have a Nikon Prostaff scope in the mail on its way to me and the scope rings are included. Can anyone tell me if the Nikon scope rings are about the same height as my Signature Zee Mediums ? Is the quality about the same ? Any opinions think I should sell the rings that will be coming with the scope and order some Sig. Zee rings ?
Thanks
WormCan,
Try them out when they arrive, and then make your decision, and report back here on what you think. Certainly the Burris Signature rings offer a big advantage over any other ring systems: no scratching the scope tube, no need to lap rings, no shimming required if you use the offset kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. It certainly wont hurt to wait and see what kind of quality they might be like. I keep getting ahead of myself. I was more concerned about the height because the medium work great for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just installed the scope with the factory Nikon rings today and they seem to work just fine. I really did like how they seem to be well machined. As I tightened the screws down in a snug position I liked how I could still smoothly turn the scope into my desired position as I adjust the reticles. I believe I will continue to be happy with them. Im not sure if they will leave a strong scope ring mark on the tube or not and will probably be a long time before I find out. Also the height of the Nikon rings and the Sig. Zee (medium) rings are very close to being the same in height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.