Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these new shells in the smallest of gun shops in my area! I tested them out today and they out-performed the Hornady v-max's with ease, out of my Savage 93 G. I know they are the same bullet, so it must be the headstamp or something! Cool red boxes too! :D

vanbuzen9

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I shot 40 rounds of the new Win 17 ammo today from my Win 94/17. Groups were not what I was hoping for. I don't know if it was me, the wind or the gun but I would get 3 shots at about .75" and the other two would fly off into never never land. Only a 7X scope at 100yds. I gotta try this stuff in my Marlin 17VS.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I got a chance to shoot the Winchester 17HMR last week. I'm not very good at shooting groups at 100 yards but everything stayed at 1'' or less. I compared them to Hornady's 17HMR. They shoot pretty much the same from my ruger 10/22 magnum with Clark 17HMR sporter barrel and WTC-18 scope. I was shooting off a bench with bags.

Teaus

·
Registered
71 Posts
VaFish said:
Off hand shooting is not a good test of the accuracy of ammunition.

You also don't mention what distance you were shooting at.

Shoot it off a bench at 100 yards.
Exactly,
Pretty well nothing to go on in these posts so far...offhand? gotta be kidding right? Establish the accuracy first, then do all the shims and mirrors stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
VaFish said:
Off hand shooting is not a good test of the accuracy of ammunition.

You also don't mention what distance you were shooting at.

Shoot it off a bench at 100 yards.
You would be better off thowing the bullests by hand to test the accuracy of the ammo rather than shooting off hand ;)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Where did you find them? Price?

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
yea guys, found some info one post ^. anyway, red / black box, around $10.00 @ 50
and SILVER tips. didn't sound too great, but cant tell till i try them out when the prices come down a bit, esp if they dont group very well from my bbl.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I want to try these new Winchester loads out of my gun. Gander Mountain just sent a flyer in the mail today and they have them listed in there for $8.99 per box. I just ordered a new scope today and want to try out the Winchesters, along with Hornday and Remington's version as well. :t

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.