Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full auto's can be LEGALLY purchased once you do the following:
1) Find one that is registered.
2) Pay for it in full, going through a CLASS III License holder.
3) Fill out all the required paper work, fingerprints, etc.
4) Pay the $200 tax and send in the paper work.
5) WAIT! You'll wait about 2-6 months with 4 being normal for approval.
6) Once approved, you can pick up your new toy and have fun!

As Mike said, no new ones can be built! Only those full autos that were in EXISTENCE prior to 1986 can be legally transferred now. That makes many VERY EXPENSIVE! The least expensive Class III full auto I've seen recently was in the $2500 ballpark.

Modifying is a big NO-NO and can land you in jail for 10years and a $10,000 fine with a federal weapons felony on your record!! :eek:

I suggest you do a search for full auto sites to learn the specifics so you don't find yourself stepping on toes asking about this stuff! There are lots of them out there and the guys on the forums are really helpful. You'll find suppressors with them as well. That's what I'm interested in! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you!!! That was so much more informative than the my post that was shut down... I didn't know all that until just now! I knew that you could own ful autos I just didn't know how to go about doing it!! But thanks again for the help!!:D

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
ShockJon,

This is NOT a Full-Auto Site...! ! ;)

We have a NFA Section for Members ONLY, where NFA issues are discussed...! ! ;)

You should also be aware that a Full-Auto Unit for a 10/22 will run you about $5,000., plus the $200. Tax Stamp...! ! :eek:

That is IF you can even find one for sale..........? ? :confused:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$5,000 eh!?

I wondered how much one would be, if found! ;) I've never seen one and have been keeping an eye open for one for years. I've got the itch to get a suppressed 10/22 though and there's a local Class III with nice ones for around $450 plus $200 (tax stamp!)

BTW, MIKE, where's the NFA forum?

·
Registered
19 Posts
BigMike said:
ShockJon,

This is NOT a Full-Auto Site...! ! ;)

We have a NFA Section for Members ONLY, where NFA issues are discussed...! ! ;)

You should also be aware that a Full-Auto Unit for a 10/22 will run you about $5,000., plus the $200. Tax Stamp...! ! :eek:

That is IF you can even find one for sale..........? ? :confused:
I was asking about a 10/22 specifically not just any full auto. I was just asking theese questions because I had no answers. If thats wrong than I am truly sorry. I had no idea that I would get hand-slapped for simple trying to find some answers. I am sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.