Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Sheridan Blue Streak Peep Sight

2945 8
I have an early Sheridan Blue Streak (from the 60's) and I want to put a peep sight on it. The Williams peep sights that are available say that they only fit the recent models of Sheridan/Benjamin rifles...Does anyone know if the new Williams sights can be put on an early Sheridan with some retro fit?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Hey,

zapeters,

I have a copy of the First Airgun Digest, written/edited by Robert Beeman. In it, one chapter is titled "Peeps for Peepers" - and is about a man who wanted to put a williams peep on his Sheridan after inheriting his Father's old Crosman pump. It showed the drill-and-tap proceedings and of course recommended that if you didn't feel like handling the task, take it too a gunsmith who could do it for you.

·
8,238 Posts
I had a Blue Streak...

I had a Blue Streak, somewhere around 1967 or 1968. It had no holes on the receiver but I bought a drill and tap kit and the recommended Williams peep sight and did it myself. I was 17 or 18 when I did this. That Blue Streak was heck on the starlings and pigeons in our neighborhood.:D
God Bless, Frank.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Williams catalog shows the sight mouned on the left side of the rifle. Crosman sells a sight that is manufactured by Williams and mounts in holes on the right side of the barrel behind the loading port. If you have those holes you are good to go. If not, call Crosman and see what their suggestions are.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an early Sheridan Blue Streak (from the 60's) and I want to put a peep sight on it. The Williams peep sights that are available say that they only fit the recent models of Sheridan/Benjamin rifles...Does anyone know if the new Williams sights can be put on an early Sheridan with some retro fit?
I have a 1972 Blue Streak and Mac1 recently put a William peep sight on it. They
drilled 2 mounting holes to do it.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
At this time, I don't have a way to scan it and send it too you, however from what it says - the sight comes with a paper giving instructions on the procedure.

In a nut-shell :

Basically, remove the bolt.
Plug the receiver (to protect from metal shavings, etc.)
Locate/drill/tap two holes on right side of receiver (viewed towards muzzle).
Remove all chips.
Install sight body and sliding piece.
Re-install bolt
Colliminating sight (using the existing sight).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.