Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is a success story. I have done as most of you here, and have been improving the "toy". The latest, received three days ago, has been my GM 18" stainless fluted. I used the Ruger plastic stock and sanded it out to fit, as well as trying Big Mike's barrel break-in. This was two days ago.

My first four-shot group @ 25 yds today was .25 inches off the hood of my truck! The very next group, 5 shots, was 3/8". This was with Winchester bulk ammo. It shot almost as good with Federal bulk. I actually like the way the rifle balances now. And it is certainly more steady off-hand. I personally don't think it is too heavy either.

To date: VQ trigger, auto bolt release, extractor & mag release, chamferred bolt, and the aforementioned barrel. I haven't had an extraction problem since I installed the VQ extractor months and thousands of rounds ago. And now the rifle shoots like a lazer. My happy.

Alan

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Alan

Sounds like a plan that came together.

:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.