Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Sharpsman?

913 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  dbuckbee
I'm sorry for asking this, but I've been gone quite a while, just getting back yesterday. So if this is a sore subject - my apologies for bringing this up.

What is going on with Sharpsman? I read a post on 'Open Rimfire' that suggested some questionable practices were being done.

I've read his posts as long as I've been here, and he has always offered good advice - not that I agree with it 100% all the time, but I've never read anything from him that didn't seem on the up and up.

The post has to do with Sharpsman's custom CZ triggerguard - can somebody clue in this 'dumb Texas boy' what the Sam Hill is going on?

Thank in advance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Speaking as one who got burned by sharpsman, I have two takes on the subject:

1) The generous side of me says that he was well-intentioned guy who simply promised more than he could deliver and then (for whatever reason) got scared and ran away when he couldn't fufill his responsibilties.

2) The less-understanding side of me sees sharpsman an opportunist who decided to profit illicitly from the trust and good-will present on these boards...basically, a crook.

The truth lies, probably, somewhere in between.

UPDATE (8/20/05): Sharpsman has contacted me by letter, promising stocks will be available early in September.

UPDATE (10/24/05) Sharpsman has assured me that my stock is finished.

· Registered
284 Posts
ExMachina said:
Speaking as one who got burned by sharpsman, I have two takes on the subject:

1) The generous side of me says that he was well-intentioned guy who simply promised more than he could deliver and then (for whatever reason) got scared and ran away when he couldn't fufill his responsibilties.

2) The less-understanding side of me sees sharpsman an opportunist who decided to profit illicitly from the trust and good-will present on these boards...basically, a crook.

The truth lies, probably, somewhere in between.
Well-put, ExMachina

· Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well alright. I'm sorry for everyone's troubles with this situation - hope this can resolved quickly. I was definitely interested in ordering one as well, but I was waiting for word from him that he had models already in hand, ready for sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.