Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just set up a hs for a customer
he did not skimp on the attaching equipment but it
is not up to par with other kimbers i have done!!!!!!!!!
zero drift around 2-3" @ 75YRDS
which is uncommon.
changed out base, rings and scope and reset to find same drift.
i removed the goodies and told him to take it back to
the supplier for a replacement.
something is wrong with it.
the dealer said he will have to send it back to the factory for repair!!!!!!!
so my customer is:pissed:
hopefully he will get it back soon.
i own a 8400 montana 270 wsm and a 84m 22-250
which i have never had a problem with.
i guess this one slipped through QA
oh-well it happens!!!!!!!!
sea-ya
gendoc

·
Registered
41 Posts
May I please ask what you mean when you say "zero drift at 75 yards". The reason I ask is because I have just set up an HS rifle myself and I am having all kinds of problems with it shooting consistantly. I went to the range on Saturday with 6 different types of ammo. I would shoot a great group with a certain brand, then I would shoot the same brand very poorly on the next 5 shot group. I am thinking my problem is in the scope area , but can't figure it out. I have changed out the rings and have installed a brand new 4.5-14 Burris Fullfield 2 on it. My next move is to change out the bases. I also called Kimber and they said to make sure my stock screws were set to the proper torque. I did that as well.

Coop

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
May I please ask what you mean when you say "zero drift at 75 yards". The reason I ask is because I have just set up an HS rifle myself and I am having all kinds of problems with it shooting consistantly. I went to the range on Saturday with 6 different types of ammo. I would shoot a great group with a certain brand, then I would shoot the same brand very poorly on the next 5 shot group. I am thinking my problem is in the scope area , but can't figure it out. I have changed out the rings and have installed a brand new 4.5-14 Burris Fullfield 2 on it. My next move is to change out the bases. I also called Kimber and they said to make sure my stock screws were set to the proper torque. I did that as well.

Coop
Just curious, what torque did Kimber recommend for stock screws? I'm asking because they told me 65 in lbs, and I was surprised. Sounded kind of high.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.