Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most on here know I have a new Mark 4 22/45, shot it today and the accuracy is fantastic, so much so that I may hunt with it. When I went to my cleaning room to clean it I found scratches where they put Ruger Mark IV logo on the side, they can be seen and felt but are very light not deep. It looks like when they made the logo that, they tipped the receiver a couple times because the scratches are across the logo some. The scratches are past the logo about 1/2 inch and they're three of them. Anyone else buy a new gun and find later it has scratches?, I was too excited I guess when I got to look it over good enough. They aren't deep like I said but can be felt slightly with a fingernail. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted Ruger, waiting for response. I don't worry about scratches if I do them while using the gun but I have ocd when it comes to something like this from factory or from doing it when not using it. thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would say that these are quite pronounced and visible. How could you have not seen these before? I would have seen these when I first unpacked it. Just curious.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say that these are quite pronounced and visible. How could you have not seen these before? I would have seen these when I first unpacked it. Just curious.
I was so excited that I was getting a Mark IV that I just never looked good enough, went to the shop thinking my wife was getting me a Wrangler and she then says pick anything I want. I wanted a Mark IV for so long that I never thought and just wanted to get it. I never even saw them when I got home and just noticed when I got ready to clean it.

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
Contacting Ruger is the right move Boomer. Those would bother me too and definitely affect resale value down the road.

They're pretty good about taking care of customers, at least they've treated me right. Let us know how it works out.

Frank

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ruger will probably put a new barrel on it.And they have a way with finding other things wrong when they get it. Even if OP didn’t mind the scratches if he ever wants to sell it and you were the buyer would you buy that one or the one next to it with no scratches for the same asking price?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I hope you can get this repaired. It will be much nicer without the scratches. Glad you love it so much. These are great pistols, although I like the Mark IIs best!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you can get this repaired. It will be much nicer without the scratches. Glad you love it so much. These are great pistols, although I like the Mark IIs best!
I just received an email from Ruger just before they were supposed to close, said the gun would have to be destroyed and replaced with a new one. They will talk with me further tomorrow, so I am happy that they are taking care of it. Do they send a label through the mail or have it picked up? I can't print anything as I don't have a printer but could go to library.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes generally they will email you a FedEx label. The two times I dealt with them that’s what they did. Also if you are getting a new gun it will have to be sent to an FFL for the transfer since it will have a new serial number. I had to send a Ruger America rimfire back and they sent me a new one then reimbursed me later for the FFL fee that the dealer charged.

·
Registered
544 Posts
They will send and you print the label and you just drop it off like at FedEx. But since it’s a new gun it will go to a FFL of your choice. Ask the one you bought from since they should not charge you again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ruger is having UPS pick up at my house because the nearest hub is over 100 miles away from me, I live in a rural area.

·
Registered
520 Posts
A bit late on this, but I hope you kept the magazine, or magazines. That's only fair, since you'll have to pay another transfer fee to your FFL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They will send and you print the label and you just drop it off like at FedEx. But since it’s a new gun it will go to a FFL of your choice. Ask the one you bought from since they should not charge you again.
Negative ghost rider, they will ship the replacement directly to him. Different serial number is 100% immaterial.

·
Premium Member
35,683 Posts
Negative ghost rider, they will ship the replacement directly to him. Different serial number is 100% immaterial.
Might want to verify that. I had replacement guns from Ruger and S&W and both had to be transferred through an FFL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Might want to verify that. I had replacement guns from Ruger and S&W and both had to be transferred through an FFL.

I have verified my statement, otherwise I wouldn't have made it.

My experience, the manufacturer, CFRs, and my ffl agree with me.

See 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A) & 27 CFR 478.124(a)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts