Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe- Here are my scores for May's matches and the first time I've posted official scores. This is a lot of fun, sure wish I'd discovered RFC and the email matches sooner. I appreciate what you're doing for all of us....Thanks!!!

I kept hoping the wind and rain would let up, but was only able to sneak in a small amount of shooting in between the bad weather. I know I won't have another chance to shoot this month so am turning in the scores I have. I just got my 10-22 bolt back from Randy and I've got to say that made a considerable improvement...either that or I've learn a bit about proper bench rest technique. I'm totally blown away with my score for the BAB Special Side Match!
------------------------
25 yards, outdoors BAB Special Side Match
------------------------
248-11x John Frankenburger. York Haven, PA (Chundoo)
Ruger 10-22, Weaver V-16 @ 16x, Remington Target 22 #6122
Boyds SS stock, Boyds barrel, Volq hammer, Dakotan buffer, Ironwood Designs dual action mag release, CPC bolt work, and Cowan rest.
A huge jump over any of my earlier practice targets with any ammo. Rem Target may be a great find for my 10-22. It may be a little dirty, but who can complain when you get your best ever score! Weather was calm and cloudy.
------------------------
25 yards, outdoors BAB
------------------------
238-2x John Frankenburger. York Haven, PA (Chundoo)
Ruger 10-22, Weaver V-16 @ 16x, CCI Blazer
Boyds SS stock, Boyds barrel, Volq hammer, Dakotan buffer, Ironwood Designs dual action mag release, CPC bolt work, and Cowan rest.
A small improvement from Randy's work over my earlier practice targets with Blazers...it's always good to see improvement. Weather was calm and cloudy.
------------------------

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
My hats off to you bud!
The last time I shot that stuff Id'a been better off to throw 'em up in the air and swat them with the buttstock! Id'a had a better chance of hitting the target.......JL

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
GREAT SHOOTING Chundoo!!!!
Paul

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I couldn't believe it as I was shooting. It looked like they were all tens after my third row of targets so I got pretty excited...never been there before. I had one in the fourth row that looked close...turned out to be a ten. Then had two 9's in the last row. :( I still wasn't disappointed at all.

This makes shooting a lot more fun! Thanks for the opportunity. :D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
WOW! 11X with Remington - I'm impressed. I'd be surprised getting 11 shots on target with that junk. Great shooting Chundoo! - congrats!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I am with JL on the remington ammo.
might as well take a handfull and throw it at the target.
only thing for sure is i can keep it inside the 5 ring !
good shooting !

David

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Until I can duplicate it again I'm just going to call it beginners luck. Too many people have trouble with this ammo for me to believe it's any more than that. I am tempted to run back to the store and get the other 3 or 4 boxes they had though! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.