Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha does anyone out there know where I might get a J.UNERTL scope set up they are about 24inches long. With a spring loaded tube scope or is there others like it now with better optics ? thanks in advance :cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Unertl?

Hey! That's My Scope! I'ts 26" long and weighs in at 2lb,12oz. 2" objective, mine is a 24X - the higher magnifications are hard to come by and expensive when you _do_ find one. Good for benchrest, not much else, but that's what I got it for:D

Fits right on my Winchester 52B... Just got the 2 spliced together and I'm still playing with the adjustments :rolleyes:
This thing is way different than an adjustable objective internal adjusting scope.... Going to take considerable getting used to:)

Now if the shooter can catch up to the accuracy of the scope and rifle. it will be real interesting:t

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
These were fine scopes for their day and most any new type scope is better today.....BUT they are completely different in looks and fit and if you want a old long external mount adjustment scope for a old gun to look right as a period peice then the old Lyman or Unertls are the way to go......a local gunshop deals in a lot of period peice and collectable type guns and has several old long Unertls like you ask about....if you are serious and want to buy one and deal with a reputable dealer then W.H.McGuns at 731 784 5742 has some of these for sale and has been dealing guns and supplies from there for over 30yrs.....HTH...good luck and good shooting!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.