Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "cheap" Glenfield 25 that was given to me several years ago with which I just shot a 230-8x at 25 yards with a Glenfield 4x15 "really cheap" scope and Wolf Match Target - this was the first time I shot the USBR targets with this rifle. I'm looking to upgrade the scope to something better but not spend a lot of money (e.g. normally I'd buy a Leupold for my better rifles but that seems it could be overkill for the Glenfield even though it shoots reasonably better than I expected). Any suggestions for a good scope that I'd use for 25 yards? I would prefer something with an adjustable objective that will go down to 25 yards. Also, any suggestions for what kind of rings to use with that scope? Thanks in advance.

... Retiree

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Simmons .22 Mag 3X9-32 AO would be a good choice with a set of decent rings. Millet, Weaver.....Heck, Tascos will work if you lap them. Have Fun! JL

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Yeah, Bushnell makes a 3-9x and a I think a 4x with AO
for use with rimfire or airguns. These usually have AO
that go down below 25 yards.

Of course you could go with a Sightron 6-24x SII. These
have an AO that goes down to about 30 feet. They really
do too. I had one which could be made to focus cleanly
inside my combined kitchen living room. Actually would go
a little bit below that at the lower magnifications. Then again
these aren't exactly cheap. But hey, I had one on a Marlin
60 for a time. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.