Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
What’s the distance you typically shoot your 15-22 at? Are you looking for something lightweight, adjustable magnification?

I run a Romeo 5 red dot on my 15-22 pistol. It’s capable and accurate on smaller targets out to 75 yards. My Sig 522 wears a 1-4x Leupold AR scope on it ($200-$250). Makes small targets easy out to 75 yards. Small stuff at 100 is totally doable but requires greater concentration, ammo and drop considerations. My Marlin 925 bolt gun has a weaver tactical scope designed for .22’s. It’s a 2-7x magnification and allows me to chew up pieces of clay pigeons at 100 yards.

All that to say that there are a lot of options in the world of optics. You really need to consider your range, purpose and price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dropped a Nikon P-22 on mine. Very happy with the setup. Mine is mostly used as a lower cost AR platform trainer. It does go out in the woods for squirrel hunts on accasion - with 10 round magazines.

·
Registered
243 Posts
what kind of shooting are you going to do? do you want illumination? what is your budget?
an lpvo is a nice option for the m&p, but they will generally have fixed parallax, so not suitable if you want to zoom in when the targets are already close or inside 50yds. if most of your shooting with be plinking at 1x and you just want to have some zoom capabilities to shoot out past 50 yds, it might be a viable option.
one suggestion i like is to call doug at cameralandny.com and ask him for some recommendations in your price range.
as somebody suggested, your should also be able to get some rings or a one piece cantilever mount for whatever scopes you already have if they have standard tube sizes.

·
RFC Moderator
11,971 Posts
No 15-22s here, but lots of rimfires. Curiously, I don't have "22" scopes on any of them. I shop for scopes based on magnification range, adjustable objective, distance range of parallax adjustment, glass quality, reticle, and overall scope size.

ANY scope will work on your 15-22. Decide what capabilities you want your scope to have and shop the market with those features in mind.

DrGunner

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I am wanting to put a rimfire scope on my 15-22 but the ones I have do not fit on the Picatinny rail. Do you all have any suggestlions?
Get a set of rings made to fit a Pic rail, such as BKL or Burris Signature Zee. There are a lot of others that'll work just fine too, but those are my favorites. I like the Burris Sig Zees best, but if you don't need to shoot long range (100 Yds. plus) the BKL's will work just fine and are a bit cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts