Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please humor me guys as I know this has probably been asked 1000 times. Does Millet have a set of scope mounts that fit the 452 Classic? The guy at the shop sent some "Weaver Style" Millet Angle-Locs home with me and they are too wide at the clamps. They cannot be tightened onto the dovetail. HRMMF! I'm wondering if there is a Millet model that will work. I'm mounting a Simmons 4-12x40.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Dave.....

I just bought another American the other day.....my two Sightron scopes arrived today, I'm using the TP00705 High Millet Angle-Loc rings. I have a set of Medium, Millets on another American with a Simmons 44 mag., the scope just barley misses the barrel. I bought 2 more sets of the TP 00705's today to replace the medium's on the other American and I'm mounting the other set on a Special with the other Sightron Scope.
Go to the Millet site.....I think the .22 rings are on page 12 or 13. On the Classic / American all you need is regular .22 rings, which are 3/8" mounts, nothing special.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sorry, I forgot.....

Midway and I think Midsouth both had them in stock Thursday night when I checked.....and they were $15 at one and $17 at the other.
I ended up buying mine at my local gun shop.....

BTW.....Midway has some good Charts for figuring which rings for which scope.....Size wise :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rings

Well, today I exchanged the "Weaver Style" Millets for the TP00002 Medium rings. They look like they'll fit, but I haven't tried yet. Too many chores to do today.

Thanks again for the advice!

I can't wait to shoot this gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NUTS!!

Well, the objective bell clears the barrel, nice and low, BUT the bolt handle does not clear the power ring and rear bell. Looks like I need the high rings. At least I know the clamps will fit the dovetail.

I seem to do everything the hard way. Must be a dummy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
When you attach the rings to the CZ American Classic's dovetail I would recommend putting the screws all the way in on both sides and then counting the same number of turns out until the clamps go on. Then tighten them by putting the same number of turns on each side. I start with whole turns and then drop down to 1/2 turns, 1/4, 1/6, and finally 1/12 turns as I approach full engagement. This will ensure that the rings are centered over the bore. I haven't used their 22 or tipoff rings but on their Weaver rings they recommend tightening one side all the way, backing it out two turns, then tightening the opposite side onto the base. This works great if the base is the same size as their ideal but will mount off center if it is narrower or wider. In most cases this will be a pretty small amount but on the American with the relatively wide top dovetail it might be a lot more off center.

Hope that made sense. For anyone unfamiliar with the Millett AngleLoc system there are clamps and screws on both sides of the ring. Most standard rings are solid on one side with the adjustable clamp on the other side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Success!

The "High" Millets worked and I got the scope on today. Brookie I kept your advice about keeping the scews even in mind and it lined up very well with a minimum of scope adjustments to get "on" at 25 yards. Thanks!

This used CZ is a shooter. My first 10 rounds of Remington/Eley solids went into a ragged hole. I put it right on at 25 yards and the CCI hololow points I shot next shot about as well, one hragged hole, but a tad lower, which I found a little surprising. I know my shooting was at only 25 yards, but this gun is already the most accurate .22 that I've ever fired. When my target was used up I shot a round at a little red circle at the top of my target. It was a logo symbol or something that looked to be about 5/8" in diameter. I was just elated and a little shocked to see a bullet hole appear dead center in the circle. What fun!

Here's a quick question. If I'm right on the button at 25 yards with this setup, where would you expect the POI to be at 50 yards? There was a guy just down the line hammering away with a 35 Whelen, so I just stayed at the 25 yard bench for today.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Dave E

Good to here the high Rings worked out.....
I'm just guessing.....If your sighted dead on at 25 yards with the Eley Target, and shoot at 50 yards, the POI will be approx. 1/2" to 3/4" high.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Millett High Angle-Loc Rings

If I had discovered this forum a lille sooner, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble getting scopes mounted on four CZ 452s.
There is some good expertise you can benefit from in this forum.

When using scopes with large objectives, (40mm or larger) particularly with adjustable objectives, the high Milletts are a great choice. Milletts made for Ruger or Weaver style will not work on the CZs. You do have a choice of matte or gloss finish with the Milletts to match your scope and reciever. Many scopes have large diameter power change rings that will get a beating from the bolt handle with anything lower than the high mounts. Another advantage is that you will have enough clearance for your scope caps to clear the rear sight base. I take off the rear sight, but I don't see any reason to take off the mount for the rear sight. Lastly, the ability to center the scope over the reciever is a big help to minimize the correction required in the scope's optics.

One thing for sure, you won't ever know just how good these CZs will shoot until you get some good optics mounted. Scopes with higher power and adjustable objectives work well for these old eyes. They allow your eye to see both the recticle and the target in precise focus at the same time.

My favorite setup is:
CZ 452 Ultra Lux
Millett High angle-loc 22 cal. rings
Bushnell Trophy 4X-12X 40mm AO

·
Registered
54 Posts
mounting Tasco 2.5-10x42

I'm new to this so try not to laugh so much. pls.

Jim W,
Do/can you use the "Millett High angle-loc 22 cal. rings" directly on the 11mm dovetail on the 452 Lux or you need adaptor(s) ?

Also, with the stock shape on the Lux/Training - how bad it gets when you have to use high-mounted scope as well ?
Seems to me that this can pose problems, especially when shooting from certain positions...

I am going to get a 452 Training and Tasco 2.5-10x42 seems like a good choice (what do you think?).
Not sure what would I need to mount it, but it looks to me that the setup should not be any different then yours, right?

·
Registered
123 Posts
To: IK 13

First of all, the 22 cal Millett Angle-Loc rings mount directly on the CZ dovetail rail with no adapters. I mounted the rings and the scope far to the rear to get the eye relief right for me. If the power change ring or rear lens bell are large, the bolt handle is likely to hit the scope with medium height rings. Scopes like the Bushnell Elite series will clear the bolt, but objectives larger than 40 mm may still have a problem clearing the mount for the rear sight. I am not very familiar with the Tasco 2.5-10x42 but I suspect that the 42mm objective will cause the most problems.

If your not too petite in stature, the high rings should not be a problem. Some young shooters or ladies might prefer the medium hight rings. The comb on the lux stock is high enough to give you a good view down the center of the scope.

You will need to remove the rear sight by pressing down at the pivot point and sliding it to the rear. This should give you the clearance for the objective and scope caps. If this scope does have the adjustable objective, there will still be plenty of clearance.

I prefer scopes with adjustable objectives and 12x-16x max magnification on these rifles. Look at several scopes in your price range before you make your decision. The right scope has a huge impact on the performance and the ultimate enjoyment you will get from your CZ.

Good Shooting.

Jim W.

·
Registered
820 Posts
IK13

The .22 cal. 3/8" rings are for the CZ American only. All other CZ 452 models have the 11mm dovetail. Go here and scan to the bottom right http://www.millettsights.com/catp13.htm
You will see the BRNO 452 11mm rings. To be correct.....That's what you need for your 11mm dovetail. I would reccomend the High rings. The High rings that you need are #BN 00023.
The 11mm and .22 ca. 3/8" rings are different, they have different clamping angles. The 11mm is flat and the 3/8" are concave.
With the Special/Lux you can run into problems with the rear sight base. A scope 12" or less will mount behind the base.....BUT, anything much longer will have to clear the rear sight, the front bell will need to be in front of the rear sight base..
I had a set of #BN 00022, Medium rings on my Special. The medium rings are .586" high. I had a Nikon 3-9x40 mounted on it for a while. The Nikon scope is 12" in length, and worked fine mounted behind the rear sight base, with just enough room to get a cover on it.
Later, I did mount a Simmons 1048, 44 mag on the same set up, but with some difficulty.....with some trimming on the rear sight base, the front bell cleared and fell just right in front of the rear sight base. However, Had I known more about these CeeeeeZeeeee's and about Rimfire Central back then, I would have definitely went with the BN 0023 high rings, the extra height won't be that much more than the Mediums, but just enough to make mounting easier.
Some people get along fine with the Special/Lux being scoped.
However with a large mm scope, for my liking it was awkward. That's why I have the Americans with scopes and the Special has Brookie's Peep Sight Blade in place of the rear V notch blade on the iron sights.
BTW.....I forgot.....Brookie has a 11mm to Weaver adaptor base.....That would be the way to go.....then the Millet Weaver mount rings would work and are easier to find and usually will be cheaper than the Millet 11mm rings.
Oil Well, I hope this helps?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.