Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Scope Mounting Info.

506 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  rick4440
I will be getting my new American in .22lr in a few days. I bought a Bushnell 4-12x40 scope and was wondering what I need for mounting, rings. type, etc.
Any help would be appretiated.

Thanks
Rick....
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
I have the BKL 254 on my American with a weaver 15 X fixed works great. What I like is the one piece mount less chance for me to goof things up.

Recommend contact Eric Brooks he can recommend the best set up and he carrys the stuff.

IMO

· Registered
290 Posts
rick4440:
I've had my Scout for just 2 weeks, and I've already had 4 scopes on it. Here's a Bushnell Banner 4-12x40AO, in BKL 257 rings. These rings are taller than I prefer, but they do allow the scope to easily clear the sight. If your scope is non-AO, you'd have more clearance than shown here, but without open sights you could use lower rings. I had also used an inexpensive pair of Tasco (medium?) rings with a Weaver V7 and a Bushnell Banner 6-24x40AO; these would give you a lower profile.
My current setup is a mix of the recumbent/discoII suggestions: a Weaver KT15 in the 257 rings.

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ALL,
I want to thank all of you for the information. I ordered BKL rings. I received the rifle and scope last week, it's going make a very nice combination. Looking forward to going to the range.

Thanks Again.
Rick......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.