Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bout a pic thread of those that have mounted scopes on their Walthers. Namely P22s, but anything will do. I'm trying to decide on buying a scope and scope mount, but the standard P22 scope mount looks a little high to me. I haven't seen very many pics though. I'm also considering the dirty charlie mount. Looks a little lower? Or there's another one: http://kiei.biz/inc/sdetail/5732 Anyone have that one?

Thanks,
Gene

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
How bout a pic thread of those that have mounted scopes on their Walthers. Namely P22s, but anything will do. I'm trying to decide on buying a scope and scope mount, but the standard P22 scope mount looks a little high to me. I haven't seen very many pics though. I'm also considering the dirty charlie mount. Looks a little lower? Or there's another one: http://kiei.biz/inc/sdetail/5732 Anyone have that one?

Thanks,
Gene
The Walter mount works fine, stays zeroed but has to be removed to remove the slide and then has to be re-zeroed. I tried every trick I could think of to remount and keep it zeroed but nothing worked. They were around $20, probably around $30 now. Yep, they are ugly and the barrel of oil sits way up there. M1911

But the open sights are good enough for this. Two of em 150' from my MS house. I don't like this. Both shot from 12', one shot, short barrel, open sights and then skinned, gutted, cooked and eaten.

·
Registered
940 Posts
First of all, I love the red dot sights and have them on two of my 22lr pistols to assist my old eyes. My first thought was that I would take a look at sticking a Burris Fast Fire on my P22. Then I started popping soda pop cans with the iron sights,and it was to easy. At the end I had progressed to 12ga shotgun emptys,and finally empty 45apc brass. So, I believe that I will leave the P22 with it's irons. However, I do suggest Gene that you consider the Burris Fast Fire as it has a small foot print, and auto adjusts for all light conditions. Nice pic as always 1917-1911M, we have a few of those around here. Regards

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's exactly what I was looking for. I have the long barreled version too, so that pic would be just like mine. Except I want a little lower profile scope. Possibly a real( not a red-dot) one.

Now if someone has a few pics of the dirty charlie mounted. One thing I like about that one is the ability to mount a flashlight to the bottom. I need a good rat gun( ratshot) for the barn. I've also had a run-in with a possum, and didn't have a light.

Thanks,
Gene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.