Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, been browsing it for about a week, and it seems like a nice friendly place. I'm not extraordinarily familiar with the 10/22, at least not the way some people around here are, but I'll try to be a useful member where I can.

Anyway, my question for today is this: my 10/22 was factory drilled for a scope mount, with 4 holes along the top of the receiver. I am planning to mount a Williams receiver sight, which I understand uses the two rear holes. I would like to plug the front two holes with short screws that sink completely down into the holes, more or less flush with the top of the receiver (I'm sure there's a name for these, but I don't know it). If anyone could tell me the thread pitch of these screws and where I might look for same, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
#6-48 Plug Screws

Bimmer,

What is wrong with the 4 plug screws that came with your 10/22...? ? :confused:

If you bought the rifle used, and the screws are missing, call "Ruger" customer service and ask for two #6-48 plug screws for the 10/22:
1-603-865-2442

[Note: #6-48 is a gunsmithing size screw; you won't find them at any hardware store.]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. The existing screws (the ones holding the scope mount rail on at the moment) are too long once the rail is removed and interfere with the bolt, in addition to having rather large and unsightly heads on them. I guess I need to get some #6-48 headless screws (Brownells would have them, I'm guessing) that are short enough to fill the holes but not interfere with the bolt. I suppose I could cut down the existing screws, but I would like to retain the option of mounting the scope rail in the future. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bimmer,

Welcome to RFC.

I have some "take off" screws (black) I would be more than willing to send to you. If you are interested, just send me a PM with your address, and I'll get them out to you in the morning.:)

G-Man

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.