Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of scope mount should I get for a Remington Custom Shop 40XRBR?

Will a $20 B-Square 1-piece do the job, or should I go with a $42 Davidson's or a $100+ mount (like a Badger Ordinance)?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I put Leupold bases and rings on mine--2 piece bases. I don't want a one -piece base to get in my loading fast during a good shooting condition in a match :D Sometimes I get in a hurry! The bases were some that I had on hand for a 700 Rem, and they worked out just fine. I was planning on changing 'em out to Jewell rings and bases later, but have never seen the need. If they'll work on my .300 Win. mag. they should be ok for the rimfire 40X, so I just left 'em on it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put in an order for the Weaver front and rear base. Rifle is too heavy to make 10.5 lbs., so I might as well use Z-Rings, so I don't need a 1-piece.

Seems weird to spend $6.18 on scope mounts for the 40X after paying $40 for the PC 10/22 base and $42.50 to get the barrel drilled and tapped.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I shoot late on weekends. BTW, would you happen to know where I can find a copy of the June 12 BR match results? I figured they'd be posted at the range, or in the newsletter.

Have not thought Unertel. I'll put a Simmons 8-32x44AO on it temporarily, but eventually it'll get a Sightron or Weaver 36x.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If you look through the window you will see it posted on the blackboard. If there is a range officer there on the weekend, ask him for a copy. The info for the club news has to be in before the 5th of the mo. It will most likely be in next mo. Where did you pick up the 40X? I just picked up one [not the BR] I put a 15X Unertel on it, and a Jewell 1.5oz BR trigger is being put on as we speak. Hope it shoots. Try out the new designed benches I put together you will find them more friendly if you are right handed and more solid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.