Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

...scope mount base for Model 106

436 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  ray in seattle
Now that I find my M106 Military is shooting well, interested in mounting red dot & not find much in terms of a mounting system with Weaver style base, any ideas? r in s.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,945 Posts
DIY base for HS barrels

High Standard barrels are .895" diameter. If you are going to pick a base to mount on the barrel you want something that is slightly smaller diameter. Weaver makes lots of bases that are .900" and bigger diameter but those will eventually loosen since they will have a tendency to rock on the barrel. I use the #92A base that is made for the T-C Contender. It is about an .830" diameter with four pre-drilled holes that make it easy to position your base on the barrel. It comes with 4 6x48 screws (I only use two holes). If you mount the base to overhang the ejection area you will have to mill a little off the overhanging section of the base for slide clearance (depending on the model). Another base is the #26 designed for the Springfield SAS - about an .860 diameter comes with 8x40 screws and a hole pattern that is not quite so friendly. The #60 base which is meant for the Browning 22 auto rifle will also work - about a .800 diameter and uses 6x48 screws. BTW 6x48 taps are usually not readily available, but they may be purchased through Brownells.

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jaybar, good information at last........will leave factory barrel virgin but might do something like this if I can find replacement.......sent msg. to Clark Custom but no reply yet, do you know who else besides VQ might provide proper bbl.? r in s.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
Barrel sources !

I, personally would drill the factory barrel. If done right you are not going to hurt the practical value, in fact you would probably enhance it. But that's your choice. Check out e-bay and do a search on "(Hi,high) standard" there are always a couple of barrels for sale. If you are hell bent on getting a custom barrel contact Randy at Connecticut Precision (CPC) He will make a barrel to just about any length from a premium blank, groove the top with a 3/8" dovetail so you can mount your scope/dot using 1" Weaver Tip-Off 22 rings. He will even drill and tap it for a base if you specify. Price is right and the workmanship is outstanding. Randy is one of the sponsors of this board check out his advertisement banner for a picture of one of his his HS barrels. I have one of his barrels built on a Lilja, stainless blank - outstanding accuracy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.