Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Scope for Cooper Varmint Extreme

398 9
Sightron, Clearidge, or Bushnell? Your comments and advice on these scopes please...

I'm looking for a higher power scope to replace a Bushnell 3200 Elite 4-12x 40mm AO that is presently on my Cooper .223. I'm removing the 3200 Elite 4-12x to put on another rifle, a .22LR Marlin I use mostly for target shooting with the thought of upgrading the Cooper to a 6-24 power scope also mostly for target shooting and some varmint shooting. I'm looking at a Sightron SIIB62442D (D=finecrosshair with dot reticle), a Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24 40mm AO, and the Clearidge Ultra XP 6-24x40 with duplex reticle.

Any advice or comparison information about these three scopes would be apreciated...
Thanks, :harry:Mitch & Shadow:dogrun:...
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
X-Mod
18,520 Posts
Pricewise, the Clearidge is the best choice, but if cost isn't an issue I'd probably be torn between the 4200 and the SIIB since both can be had with dot reticles. I recently purchased a SIIB 12x42mm and I'm impressed with it and my Dad has a 4200 4-16x50mm which is an excellent scope as well. I have not done a side-by-side comparison, but I'd bet that they'd be closely matched at the same power. I know this probably doesn't help, but I don't think that you can go wrong with any of the ones that you mention. :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I can't comment on that model of 4200, but I have the Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 Tactical w/SF on my Tikka T3 Super Varmint and it's the best scope that I've ever used. So good that I actually considered putting the one that you're looking at on my best 22LR. Sort of over kill for that I think, plus it's huge - but I've seen the 6-24x40 as low as $390. I think you'll be very happy with the brightness of the Bushnell and will be doing back flips over the clarity. The only downside, and it will hold true for any 6-24x40mm, is that eye placement becomes very critical at high magnification.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/recommended_riflescopes.htm

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I run Leupold Mark 4's, Nikon Monarch's and Zeiss Conquest on my Coopers and dont have any complaints.

Your mileage will vary, here are a few...............

I'm envious too, but I gotta tell you, with my luck, or lack of such, If I arranged the rifles as shown, one or several of them would topple over and you would be hearing a grown man cry like a baby!:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.