Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Scope for Buckmark & Shotgun?

225 4
Does someone have a recommendation for a scope that would work well for a Buckmark and also for shooting slugs from a shotgun?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,604 Posts
Eye relief. When you look through a scope designed for use on a pistol, the optics are made to work at roughly an arm's length. Holding a scope designed for use on a rifle at that distance produces a "blank screen" in the lens.

With most dot sights made as non-magnifying, the distance from the eye to the sight doesn't much matter. I'm sure someone here knows more about optics and can explain it better, but that's the effect.............chim

· Registered
13 Posts
They do make pistol scopes though, go down a few threads as I had asked this, I ended up going red dot(ultra dot) very good quality piece and depending on range quite acurate, the issue will be seeing where you hit the paper at longer ranges, and the dot covering the target at longer distances/brighter dots. A magnified scope on a pistol almost must be shot from rest as the view through it bounes around quite a bit at even 3x magnification.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.