Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions?? I'm not all that big in the wallet, I'd like to stay under $100 I realize you get what you pay for. I'd like to see a quarter at 110 yds. A freind recommended a Barska 6-24x42 mil dot. i'd like a scope with Mil Dots. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
a Bushnell banner 4-12x40 will work, a Nikon its an excellent scope but more expensive and I have seen very good reviews on a new scope coming into the US market a Nikko Stirling 4-12x42 gold series and also the night eater model used in Australia and some parts of Europe, some are made with Japanese components and I think they are close to the $100 mark.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
What I have:

917V + Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 + Weaver #16 bases + Burris Signature Zee rings, high

Although the APV doesn't have MillDots, .17 holes show on paper at 50 yards. I use it for hunting woodchucks and other critters. Very pleased. Rifle Basix trigger to be installed soon.

BTW, many online retailers (including sponsors) sell the APV for $115 with free sunshade and free shipping. If you have a Dunham's near you, they usually have one in the cabinet for you to inspect.

·
Premium Member
58,674 Posts
Some folks will boo and hiss, but its worked very well for me, a BSA Platinum 8-32x44 w/AO, you can read the fine print on the targets and she shoots well under an inch at 100 yards, just big and clunky. I call it my budget vermin buster 917m2- 149.95 (GM close out), used Rifle basix trigger-50.00, BSA Platinum 8-32x44 89.95 (Natchez sale). Targets like this priceless!

Thats four groups in a row under .700 at 100 yards with a sub $300 rifle.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Natchez has the 4-12 Banner with Mil-Dot reticle for $85 in this month's flyer. And they're kicking in a free pair of binoculars with it. 12x Tasco compacts, you can give them to the kids.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have a BSA Sweet 17 (actually on a .223 rifle) and I love it. Natchez has them for around $95. On my Savage 93R17 is a Simmons Blazer 3-9x40 and it works great. It came as a package with the rifle and I know they're not very expensive but I'm impressed with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.