Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
738 Posts
If not too expensive the
Swarovski 10x42 EL Range Binocular/Laser Rangefinder V II
is an amazing scope good out to a mile. Check it out. I have one mounted on Christensen ARMs 6.5 PRC with carbon wrapped bbl. It is overkill for that round, something with more range would be a better choice under it, but I have yet to try the combo on long distance as yet. Was out deer hunting but had no shooters.
Having a set of Binos mounted on a rifle ??????? Interesting !!!! Who's mounts did you use ?

· Registered
738 Posts
I am in the planning stages of a long range big game hunting rifle. I have not been in the LR game long and would like to ask what most folks are using for their long range optics. I know Nightforce is popular along with Huskema and the big Sightrons. I am looking for a zero stop setup with a simple, uncluttered reticle. Weight is also an issue. Not going light sheep rifle but don't want to be much over 10 pounds or so. Open to suggestions. I have a Sightron SII 6-24x50 with target dot that works well from the bench for testing and I like it on my varmint rifles. I could find a turret maker for dial and shoot setup. Thanks.
I'm a fan of Nightforce. The 5.5-22x50 NXS should be all you need or want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts