Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Varmint Extreme in .223 Rem and am planing to upgrade the scope from a Bushnell 3200 4-12x to a 6-24x... My choice at the moment is split between the Bushnell 4200 6-24x 40mm AO with dot reticle and a Sightron SII Big Sky 6-24x 42mm AO with dot reticle...

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks,
:harry:Mitch & Shadow:dogrun:...

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And the winner is - Sightron SIIB62442D

Gentlemen, Thank you for your comments and advice...

This is a decision I have been pondering over for weeks, seems the more I think about it the harder the decision became to make. I have always liked Bushnell scopes, I have two that I am very happy with however what I have seen and heard of Sightron scopes and the fact that Baush & Lomb and Bushnell have parted company combined wth my recent purchase of the Sightron "Electronic" sight (Red Dot) for a pistol and liking it very much has been a major influence on my thinking. The fact that Sightron has an unlimited warantee and the scope cost me only $80 more than the best price I could find on the identical Bushnell was another factor.

This morning I called Bear Basin and placed an order for the SIIB62442D and if all goes according to plan, hopefully before long I'll be forming my own opinions of the Sightron Big Sky series scopes...

Thanks, :harry:Mitch & Shadow:dogrun:...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.