Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the gun show this pass weekend I saw a few .17's They wanted 279.00 for the Marlin 17V and I think 350.00 for the VS. They had ammo for 7.99 a box. I just ordered a heavy barrel NEF handy rifle in .223 so I think I'll wait for the prices on the .17's to come down and then Ill get one.

Ksquared

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I'd buy one for $300 at this point....

Both of my dealers tell me about $275, but I've been waiting for the one dealer to come through for 6 months. I think he's pulling my chain and keeps selling my gun.

Oh well, hopefully my other dealer will have his in pretty soon and then it is MINE!

All mine! Then, I can sell the Marlin 17V and work on my 17VS!

That will be so AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Viper,

the gunsmith (parts installer) at the shop where I found the .17V said he read an article about a shoot out between the Ruger, the two Marlins, and the NEF. He says the NEF won, with the blue Marlin second, the stainless third, and the Ruger last. Could you please do your own shootout with the two Marlins before you jettison the blue one? I much prefer a stainless gun not only for ease of maintenance but looks also, but will put up with blue if it is actually more accurate for some reason (maybe has juju beads in stock butt). Thanks, GG

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Gordon,

Yes, I'll test both of them, side by side, just to see which one is more accurate.

And, I'll use the same scope for both of them, that way there aren't any variables, besides the gun. And, they will both have trigger jobs done by me, down to about 2.5lbs.

Now, I just need the 17VS.....:mad:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Gordon Gauge,

How about you PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call tomorrow when you get your gun?

The, I'll explain it to you.

It will only take about 10 minutes and that is counting taking it apart, testing it, and putting it back together.

Simple as that!

:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
try wal-mart

just bought one today at my local wal-mart.(mobile, al) bought the 17v for 196.06 out the door. the manager told me he just got them in today and all the wal-marts should have recieved about 10 each he said he had 15 minus the one i bought.what do you all think of the 17v did i buy a good gun. havent shot it yet im going to the range on tuesday.thanx Bently

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.