Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi troutdog...

I am assuming you are asking about the model 93 rimfire? If so, the answer is yes. The picture on Savage's website doesn't do much justice to the actual stock, but it is actually a pepper laminate, similar to the Marlin 17VS, but with nice checkering on the grip and forend.

I would highly recommend the laminate over the synthetic...oh, by the way, here's a little hint on Savage "lingo" -- in the model #, the "B" stands for laminate, while the "F" stands for synthetic. Thus, the model you are looking for (assuming a Savage .17 with the stainless heavy barrel and laminate stock) would be 93R17BVSS

B - laminate
V - long range (heavy barrel)
SS - stainless steel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that, yes I was talkin about the model 93 in .17.
You wouldn't happen to know the price difference for the laminate over the synthetic with stainless. I saw a prrice of $220 on the syn./stainless around here. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Compared to the price you are finding for the synthetic/stainless in your area, and what I paid for my laminate/stainless, I would say about $50, +/- a few $.

I paid $275 for mine, and I am sure that if you shopped around a little you might find one a little cheaper than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.