Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same price at wall mart...MK II LV or Charles Daly .22 bolt action ss with heavy barrel. I cant find any info on the daly, but it sounds like the LV is a winner, But has anyone herd anything about the Daly? Also the LV is a special order, the one for 206.00 is the stainless one with lamanate barrel(isnt it?):rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Get the Savage...

I had a Charles Daly that was supposed to be a "salesman's sample". Got it at a great price, looked really good, did everything but shoot. Failed to extract every round I put through it-had to punch the brass out with a cleaning rod from the muzzle. Dealer attempted to repair it and couldn't, gave me a used Marlin in exchange, and said he would sell the non-functional Daly at a gun show.

I have had Savage centerfire rifles, and Stevens RF rifles ( just bought an oldie today) and I have never had one that didn't shoot well. (The Savage CF shot better than my Ruger 77 that cost 60% more.)

Just my experience.

Marco;)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Rifle choices

I would go with the Savage. They have been around a long time & make a quality product.
Charles Daly is a marketing name.They used to be used on a high quality Japanese buil O/U shotgun. This company disappeared about ten years ago.
As I understand it a new company purchased the right to the Charles Daly name & are now selling various items including .22 rifles & 1911 style pistols that are made by Armscor of the Philipines.
Hope this helps you make a decision.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.