Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
My neighbor has one and it shoots really well...I'd like to have it!
Numrich should have parts for them. Heck, they even have parts for my Stevens 416.
If you can pick it up for a decent price, go for it! JL

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Auction Arms has one that seems never to sell. The stock has been "bubba'd" and the rear peep sight is broken, but the basic action looks alright. With a bit of work, it could be a shooter (?)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mod. 19NRA Savage:

Which model are you asking about?

There were two models. First was produced from 1919 to 1933. Had a full military style stock. Was generally reffered to as the 1919NRA. It was a consideration for Winchester to develop the now legendary Mod. 52.

The second model was produced from 1933 to 1942. Was marked Mod. 19NRA. Had a target style stock, a redesigned loading/breech port for easier single loading, better sights and magazine system. Also was drilled and tapped for target scope blocks.

All in all either is a very good rifle, allthough the later model is a better choice for a user.

Just bought one in almost pristine condition without sights for $250. Will mount blocks and Lyman Supertargetspot scope on it.

Mac 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.