Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Savage Mk II LV

2039 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  toneloc12345
Need some info on the LV. It really interests me. I have heard Savages being refered to as the best kept secret on the rimfire market. If you own an LV, share some xperiances. Fully rigged{rifle scope rings etc.} how mush does it weigh? What kind of groups are you getting?

P.S what scope did you put on yours??
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Rancher,

My LV appears to weigh about 7.5 lbs with scope and sling. I am weighing it on a bathroom scales so there may be some error in my results. I installed a Simmons Deerfield 4-12x40AO with Medium Millet Angle-Loc rings. The last time I shot it to test group size, I was using Winchester PowerPoint 40 grain hollowpoints. I fired 6 groups of 5 shots each at 40 yards. The best group measured .24 inches. The worst group measured .95 inches, but, the average of all of the groups was .62 inches. The day I fired these groups was a little on the breezy side also. It's a very nice little gun.

· Registered
31 Posts
ok

I have the Savage mark 11 fv and it is a excellent rifle right out of the box..AS well as the 64 fv...Im using a simmons 8x16x40 and miltec rings....the trigger already came out of the box at 3lbs so I have not messed with it..Accuracy is SUPER...50 yards I can show you 1/2 moa or less with it. I use federal and winchester ammo.It kinda varies with the different types, so that is something you will have to play with...Good LUck

· Registered
29 Posts
MARK II LV GOOD GUN LOW PRICE

I THINK YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH A SAVAGE MARK II LV, ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE. I HAPPENED ON MINE AT WAL-MART ONE DAY FOR $209 PLUS TAX. IT WAS A GOOD SHOOTER RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. I HAVE SINCE ADDED A MUZZLEBRAKE , GOT A TRIGGER JOB , HAND LAPPED THE BARREL.
I'VE ALSO HEARD THAT BOLT ACTION GUNS ARE MORE ACCURATE THAN SEMI -AUTOS.
MY SHOOTING BUDDIES AT WORK TELL ME THAT THEIR RUGERS ARE THE BEST, BUT MY SAVAGE CAN HOLD ITS OWN SHOOTING 50 YD. BENCHREST WITH THEM.
ANYONE ELSE EVER MODFIED A SAVAGE MK II LV? I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN WHAT KIND OF CHANGES MADE.
TKSMKIILV

· Registered
26 Posts
If you have a Dick's Sporting Goods in your area, check them out for the MK-II LV. I bought mine there around Christmas for $189. Put a 3-12X50 scope on it and anything rat size or larger is doomed at 100 yards.

· Registered
293 Posts
I bought ordered mine for 214 dollars. that was the best price around here. kinda sucks when i hear other guys getting it for $30 cheaper. Oh well i'll have it soon. What ammo do your guys LV's like?

TONY

· Registered
13 Posts
paid $189 for mine last year. got it from a local gun shop. he does not mark up his new guns very high, good for me. i removed my trigger adjustment screw entirely, chopped off an 1/8 " of the trigger spring and had my friend that owns a machine shop drill and tap the trigger for creep and overtravel. i don't own a trigger scale but i would guess it's in the three pound area. works for me.

my lv likes the wolf match target the best. i have tried all the usual ammo aside from the ten dollar a box stuff. this gun is a rel tack driver. i shot a 249/9x on the star 25 yard challenge target that i downloaded of off this site last year. you guys ought to try this target. i print it out on card stock. makes a great target. i guess it's still accessible on this site, i have not looked in awhile.
i really can't think of a better gun in it's price range. i did have some problems with feeding from new but a little bending on the lips of the magazine rectified that problem.brian

· Registered
96 Posts
Got It - Luv It!!!

You won't be disappointed. Got the blued synthetic stock with rings and 4X Tasco package for $185 out the door. Upgraded the trigger (RifleBasix) and put a BSA 6X24 on her .... sweet!

There is a stainless advertised in Jerry's (called the Jerry's Special) but none were yet available as of 2 weeks ago - I would've gone for that but I couldn't wait.

GO FOR IT!!!
:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.