Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here. Have a buddy with a Savage .22 and it's having feed problems. Does'nt seem to be anything he can do about it. Hopefully the pic helps. Anyone have any ideas? (other than buying a 10/22)

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Ranger -

From what I've seen in the short time that I've had my Savage, the rounds don't actually hit that ramp on the magazine on their way into the chamber.

Now, on mine, I did have a feeding problem and could not get the rounds into the chamber without putting pressure on the magazine and extra pressure on the bolt. Occasionally, this would shave lead. The trick was to bend the magazine bracket forward slightly - not very much at all, just slightly. I then had to also file away a tiny bit of the braket hanger on the magazine to make it fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kinda defeats the purpose of having a feed ramp when it goes up to a flat surface and the rounds feed off the mag. I guess if there's a round ball .22 that does'nt have a rim to snag and shave off it might work better. Man am I glad I bought a Ruger 10/22!!!!!! He's looking on getting rid of it and getting one too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a Savage .22 LR GL (left hand model). When new some brands of cartridge got stuck when feeding. Now prior to going out I lightly oil a cotton bud and rub it around the inside of the barrel where the cartridge goes when leaving the magazine - never jammed since!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.