Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Jackie, I think it would be fine. Like anything else these days you may get a dud, but several people has had really good luck with theirs. One thing about them is it won’t brake the bank to find out. 👍

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jackie, I think it would be fine. Like anything else these days you may get a dud, but several people has had really good luck with theirs. One thing about them is it won’t brake the bank to find out. 👍
Thanks...Have a 17 HMR and love it.most accurate Rifle I own...The 17 HM2 will add to the collection...
Thanks All..

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have bought several thru gunbroker with no issues. If you find a new one from a dealer at a decent price I don’t think you would have a issue.
My best buddy has a FFL, so if I see something I want I just call him with the item number and he gets it for me. I give him a few bones every once in a while to keep him happy.Lol

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I had a FV bedded in a Boyds Tacticool stock and it shot great. It also had an Apache trigger. Cut barrel to 16.5 and threaded. A simple FV bedded in a Boyds would serve you well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a FV bedded in a Boyds Tacticool stock and it shot great. It also had an Apache trigger. Cut barrel to 16.5 and threaded. A simple FV bedded in a Boyds would serve you well.
Heck yea, i just changed out my spring in the trigger and i measure between 8-10 ounces. For me, its perfect.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have an older MkII GLV in 17m2 that is very accurate. Mine is a left handed versions with wood stock and heavy Varmint barrel. It has been so long since I have owned any Savage rifle with their sporter barrel so can't comment there. If it were me, I would go with the Varmint barrel if available in 17m2.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I bought one 3 years ago and am very happy with it. It grouped really well (dime sized 5 shot groups at 50 yards) after a short break in period. I really like the Accu-Trigger. It broke at 2lb. 6 oz. out of the box. Last year I used it exclusively during the fall squirrel season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts