Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Man, thats a nice looking gun! :cool:

I'm new to the "Anschutz family", as I just got a Savage Anschutz Mk. 10. The previous owner had the barrel cut and target recrowned (I don't know why)and sold off the original sights. The stock was a mess, so I had my cousin refinish it. The Bull barrel measures out to 19.5", and the stock has a flat fore end with the hand rest rail installed. It looks more like a sporter/silhouette rifle then a BR rifle. This has got to be the nicest .22 Target rifle that I've ever owned. I plan to get another Anschutz as soon as I can afford it.

Today I shot a ragged hole at 25yds with some of the cheap bulk federal ammo. I was amazed that it would shoot the cheap stuff so well! :cool: I plan to use my annie in some local BR competitions, and for crow hunting. I'm new to BR, so if you guys have any advise to pass on, I'm all ears!

Thanks,

Dan

P.S., Can you tell me where I can get the targets that are shown next to your annie?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congradulations on your new Annie Dannyboy . I remember mine , it was an Achiever and I thought it was the best looking and shooting rifle I had ever bought . Killed a pile of squerrils , blackbirds and crows with it too . As for the Savage /Anshutz , she is a shooter , shot some fifty yd groups with it the other day and was getting 4 of the 5 into one hole and seemed I would somehow manage a flier to blow it , oh well , I'll get her figured out sooner or later . Here's your targets and I tell you , for the bullseyes you get per sheet they're hard to beat . They're also known as some of the toughest bullseyes to shoot , so I guess when we get them mastered we'll be a shooter , LOL . It's certainly been giving me a challange . Also if you go to the match section of this board you'll see info on how to score them , Goodluck and good shootin, claketyclak
claketyclak

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117

·
Registered
231 Posts
Savage/Anschütz 64 Match

Hey claketyclak, how did you figure out the year 1967? I have unsuccessfully tried to determine mine's year of build, but there is no prefix to the s/n (7992XX) although it is followed by an "A". Any clues?

Great looking rifle, BTW. That is quite a scope on there! :)

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Left side of the barrel, right where it enters the action, should be an "antler" proof mark, and a 2-digit date code.

Newer guns went to letters, where a=0, b=1, c=3, etc. For instance, both my 54.18's are stamped AD, meaning built in 2003. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.