Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need any info you folks can provide on a Savage/Anschutz Model 141M I acquired yesterday. My FLGD tells me it has 64 action. Not being familar with Anschutz products other than my 1517 DKL, I'm pretty much in the dark on this 141M. What is a 64 action?

I bought this one because I am very happy with the 1517 DKL.

Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
fullchoke,

I wanted to bump your post and to ask about the accuracy of 64 actions in .22mag. Can anyone tell me what to expect in the 64 in .22mag as far as accuracy at 100yds.?

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took it out and to make a long story short, fired twelve rounds and brought it back home.
Couldn't find where a shot hit the target. This is the first rifle I've let anyone install a scope on for me. I have always installed my own. Dealer said it should be close, but it wasn't even close to being close. Brought it home and lasered it against the den wall(about 26 feet) Scope was 18" right and 6" high from bore. I got it straightened out and hope to take it out during the week.
My own stupidity for not checking before I took it out.

I'll update you when I finally get something to talk about.
Dave

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Macc

You still there? Took the Savage/Anschutz 141M to the range this AM, before wind came up. It's a shooter.
All are 3 shot groups. All are @ 50 yds.
CCI Maxi-Mag 40gr. HP - 4 groups avg 1/2" Best group 1/3"
Win Supreme 34gr. HP - 4 groups avg 3/8" Best group 1/4"

Interestingly, the Winnie's POI was 1"low and 1/2" right of the CCI ammo. It took 2 groups of three for the Winchester to settle in after the CCI rounds. Barrel was warm and dirty. Not cleaned between groups.

This probably isn't as good as the rifle can shoot. But I'm 57 with the usual eyes (bad) of someone my age. And I smoke 2-1/2 packs a day.

In the hands of one of you younger guys, I believe this rifle would do as well at 100 yds. Wind caught me before I could try that distance.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Shoot, I thought I had replied to your last post, a day or two ago. Must be losing my mind.

Thanks for the info. Looks like its working well for you. I've got a Marlin 882SSV that's a good shooter, but it's just not very "pretty." I'm keeping my out for one of these Annies in this neck of the woods.

How is the trigger on your gun, and how much adjustment do your have on it??

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Macc

Trigger is good. No creep. It's light but I haven't measured how light. I don't have a trigger scale yet. I haven't taken it apart to see what the adjustment is. I was concerned at first that I had trigger problems. On my first outing, the trigger would occassionally seem to "lock", took an extremely hard pull to fire. I'm guessing around 8#. Brought back bad memories of a used Winnie model 70 I had years ago. Some nimrod had tried to adjust the trigger with a file.

At any rate I didn't have problem one the last outing. I'm going to try and get out this weekend and try the 100 yd range.

This rifle isn't as "pretty" as it should be. I got it used and it shows some wear. Light nicks and dings on the wood. But I'm picky as h#^^ about my guns, so it's probably not all that bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.