Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked a used Savage 93 SS in .22 WRM as a truck gun, canoe gun knock around gun etc. The accuracy is good enough to suit me but it sticks cases. From a cleam barrel, after about five rounds or so it will stick emptys and I have to dig em out with my pocket knife. Clean the barrel and shoot five more rounds and stuck cases again. Has anyone else had this problem? Whats the fix? New extractor? Polishing the chamber area? Zack

·
Registered
19 Posts
sticky cases

I have a new 93FVSS and I get an occasional stuck case. Maybe two or three every 100 to 150 rounds. I also would like to know if there is a solution to this.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
TRY THIS

Don't know if this will work on your 93's, but it helped my Marlin.
Clean the chamber with a .243 bore brush. Don't try to force into barrel, just chamber. Then pull a Patchworm thru from breech to muzzle to clean the crud out of bore. I have to do this about 5-600 rounds.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Zack,

Does it do it with different types of ammo? Once again the Remington Premiers which are quite accurate out of my 93 then to be a bit of a pain. The Winchester Supremes and CCI Maxi-Mags or TNT haven't been a problem.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SX

Hi Dave and tnx for the reply. I'm using Super X. I tried the Remington Premiers and the gun didn't like them. Quite a few misfires. So I went to Super X in the silver box. That cured the misfire problem. I went after the chamber area with an oversized bore brush and some Kroil. Hope this will take out any burned in powder redidue that might be left from previous owner. Any ideas you have would be helpful. Zack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.