Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,871 Posts
That is a good group for straight out of the box. I had to run several rounds through mine before I started seeing groups like that. I had a couple hundred rounds through mine before it would group with the XTP's.

· Registered
10 Posts
Got about 200 rounds through a 93R17 FV and am happier everytime I shoot it. Accuracy is coming nicely. At first it was not that great but now it is coming. I was scared that I did not break the barrell in right but I see now it just needed some more rounds through it and judging from most of the posts there is no real "true" way to break in these barrels. Everything seems to work with time. All ammo seems to group good. The best shells are I found were the Federal and Hornady V-max ones. I have a Tasco 6-24x42 mounted on it, and it took some time to get used to the high magnification. You have to be real still which is not easy because I live in Saskatchewan where it is always windy! It sounds that they shoot best a little dirty and I would say that is fair as well. I still have the factory trigger and it is Ok, I will wait to get a few more rounds in it before I mess with it. How often does everyone clean? When accuracy becomes poor or do you have a set limit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.