Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an original, full-wood, .22rf single-shot Savage - 63 which I believe was available in the mid-1960s. I search the major auctions constantly, but no luck yet. Anyone got a spare one they want to part with? Anyone know WHERE I might find one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :bthumb:

Best regards ~ ~ ~ GGN

Here's the only pic I could find of one, from the '65 Gun Digest.

Yes, I carry a gun! 'Cause a cop is too heavy...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How Much?

Hey, FlysAlot. Hit me with your best shot! What kind of outrageous amount did you get for the 63? I just can't imagine what they might be selling for these days. In '65 they were listed at $63.50. A WMR was $3 higher...

I'm not at all turned-on to collecting any .22rf GUNS above LR. However, I'm always interested in the antiquated, obsolete, very scarce BOXES of .22 Extra Long, and ODDBALL boxes of .22WRF, etc.!!!

If you've seen very many of my postings, you'll notice I refer to some of my treasures as a "Little POS." I just paid $400 for one such Little Piece Of S---!!! Call me a nut case, but it's my hard-earned money I'm spending, and that probably won't be the last one I "blow" too many $$$$ on!

Heck! Even the originator of the S-M Sporter pistol admitted his gun (co-designed with that era's gun guru, WHB Smith) was a POS. How can I defame it any further?

Good, Bad, or Ugly, I still want one of those little "Wild Indians." :bthumb:

Best regards ~ ~ ~ GGN

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Reply To FlysAlot

Sorry, not interested in the M. I wish I'd known about the LR. I'd certainly paid that for it, and shipping. Someone got a good deal, I think.

We are just a short piece down the road from Melbourne, but I don't get out to even nearby gun shows - mainly health reasons. Once in while the small one in Deland.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ GGN

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd appreciate that FlysAlot, thanks. Melbourne means a couple of hours on the road (down and back), whereas Deland is only 40 minutes for round trip. I can't spend much time even once there. We're caretaking my 93-year-old Mom-In-Law and have to be in fairly quick contact range. All that PLUS my poor health...

Best regards ~ ~ ~ GGN

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Melbourne Show

Hi FlysaLot. Did you get to the Melbourne show, or has it been held yet? I've been keeping an eye on the online auctions for a 63, with no luck, yet.

Still got my hopes up for finding one.

Lemme' know.:bthumb:

Best regards ~ ~ ~ GGN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.