Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually stay in the Mossberg and Remington forums. For months I wanted a Remington 121 pump and while at the last gunshow I thought I saw one but on closer inspection it was this Savage. Looks like they started this model just as the Remington went out of production in the mid 50's. I bought the Savage for a 1/4 of what I budgeted for a 121. The metal is about 95% but the forend was poorly repaired and over sanded. I found a much better forend and it will be refinished along with the excellent but flaking buttstock. Including the new forend I have about $110 into it.

I also did find its cousin 121 about 2 hours later (pictured with it). It came with a Lyman tang sight and while not in great shape it is perfectly sound, honest and unmessed with and about $100 less than I expected to pay. It was a good show.

Can any of you share any info on the 29B or share any pics??

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hey Ralfus!

...I just got done testing my first re-crown on a Savage model 3 (a $60. pawnshop gun)...conditions were less than favorable...misty and wet, 4" groups before. 1/2" to 3/4" groups after...so happy w/that...the Remy 512 is next...don't know anything about your current flame...:D

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll never get tired of using that crowning tool. Any time you need a new caliber the pilot is half the cost of paying someone else to do it. It keeps paying for itself over and over again.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The pictures are not coming through so I can see what you have. The Savage 29 was first produced in 1929. The "B" variation was started around 1950. The receiver top was grooved for a scope starting around 1955.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the pics but Photobucket has crashed for a couple of days now. My 29B isn't grooved so its an early B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.