Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 24D in .22 mag over 20 gague and the trigger is by far the worst I have ever felt on any gun. I talked with one local gunsmith and he said he could "stone the trigger but it wouldn't make much difference, that is just how they are." I know there must be a way to lighten this thing up. I know it is EASILY over 10 lbs. Anyone do this on their own or have a link to any writeups? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Re: Trigger-pull weight (Savage Model 24D)

Extremesolo,

Hello. Regarding the trigger pull weight on your firearm, you might want to read the article below which discusses "combination" guns. About three-fourths of the way down the page, it discusses the heavy trigger-pull weight on the Savage Model 24. The author says he stoned the sear, getting the pull weight down to FOUR pounds which, in his words, was a "vast improvement." So, apparently some success can be achieved in going that route--stoning the sear. See:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~hwsportsman/ThoseCombos.html

Hope this helps (and gives you some encouragement). Good luck! :t ;)

Regards,

"akrimfire" :snipersmi

·
Registered
227 Posts
Stoning will only give you a very small amount of trigger weight reduction, but will do wonders for the overall feel of the trigger. To really reduce the pull weight, you would need to replace the hammer/trigger spring to a much lighter one.

My 24V has a pull weight of 4.5lbs, while my 24C is at 11lbs. Both guns are completely stock and have never been tweeked on, so at one time good springs were available. Problem is that I doubt you'll find model/series specific replacements anywhere, but rather just current production replacement springs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sav 24c Mods

Mods On My 24c
1. Replace Rear Sight W/fold Down-scope Clearance
2. Screw In Chokes Installed
3. Scope Mount Problems-use Bkltech.com-model 260
4.use Shotgun Scopes-50-75 Yard Parallax
5.trigger Problem-easy Home Fix Check "rifle" #124 July-aug 1989 Page 124.
6.sling
7.it Likes Cci Mini Mag Hp/zero @ 25 Yds-shotgun Patteren Centered,2/3 Patteren Above Center
Sorry This Took So Long,new Member!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.